Welcome to Club Cobalt!

Club Cobalt is your online home for Cobalt boat discussions and the best place to interact with, and learn from, other Cobalt boat owners.
Register Now

Where to Eat on Beaver Lake (North of the Hwy 12 Bridge)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Meet Ups, Events & Adventures' started by Walt P, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Walt P

Walt P Administrator Founding Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Prarie Creek Marina
    2001 Cobalt 262
    Volvo 8.1L Gi 375 HP
    As of this summer, there are 3 places to eat while boating on Beaver Lake.

1) JJ's On The Lake. They are located at Prairie Creek Marina. They are Open from about Memorial Day to Labor Day. Hours are Wed-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm. Sat-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm. 479-925-7280. If you don't have a slip at Prairie Creek, there are a few slips you can pull into next to the restaurant past the gas pumps. They have a menu selection that includes wings, burgers, wraps, salads and serve breakfast all day. Beer and wine. Tables inside and outside. First come, first serve on tables, though if you have a party of 8 or more they may take a reservation.
    http://jjsgrill.com/locations/jjs-at-the-lake/

2) Ventris Trails Inn Resort. Open all year. They are located in Garfield, AR near MM 9 on the lake. Hours are Thurs-Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm. Sun 10:30am-4:00pm. (I would call ahead to be sure) 479-359-3912. They have a number of slips to pull into. You have to walk up the hill to the resort/restaurant (~1/4 mile). They have a wide variety of home cooked meals, with daily specials. Beer and wine. Tables inside. They also rent cabins.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/ventris-trails-end-restaurant-Garfield

3) Starkey's Marina. Located near the dam. (Near Eureka Springs, AR) Open all year (reduced hours in off season). Hours May 26- September- 8:00am-8:00pm every day.
    Menu consists of pizza and wings. They have slips to pull into. Tables outside.
    479-253-8194.
    http://www.starkeymarina.com/

I suggest that you call ahead if you have never been to any of these. Hours were complied from various web sites/review sites. We frequent JJ's because we have our boat docked at Prairie Creek, and eat there often. On weekends there is normally some wait for a table at dinnertime. We have eaten at Ventris and the food was excellent, and reasonably priced. Starkeys is in a good place if you want a snack and you need a restroom and/or a fuel top off (especially if you put in at Prairie Creek or south of the Hwy 12 Bridge).

Tonka Boater likes this.
  2. Keepin' It Classic

Keepin' It Classic Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Emporia, KS
    1979 Cobalt 19BR
    Volvo Penta 7.4 EFI/DuoProp
    2012 Ford F-150 w/3.5 EcoBoost
    My better half lived in Fayetteville for 12 years. When we met, we spent many hours with our feet in the water on Beaver. I have never boated on Beaver. The ONLY thing that seems a turnoff is the lack of places to eat on the water! Aside from that, the water is beautiful, and the scenery is even better!