Welcome to Club Cobalt!

Club Cobalt is your online home for Cobalt boat discussions and the best place to interact with, and learn from, other Cobalt boat owners.
Register Now

Replacement Carpet

Discussion in 'General Maintenance & Repairs' started by Walt P, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Walt P

Walt P Administrator Founding Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Prarie Creek Marina
    2001 Cobalt 262
    Volvo 8.1L Gi 375 HP
    The original carpet on my 2001 262 was showing its age. Cobalt did not offer a direct replacement, so I got free samples from Corinthian marine Carpets on the West Coast. They were extremely helpful and quick. I had a replacement set in about 10 days.

They will cut and bind the pieces from your templates. Since I had the old pieces, I had great templates. I used kraft paper for my templates. They can send you a kit as well. They will bind with vinyl, or sunbrella for $10 more.

https://www.corinthian-marine-carpet.com/

Tonka Boater likes this.
  2. Dave D GH

Dave D GH New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Gig Harbor, WA
    2002 Cobalt 263
    Single eng-Volvo Package: w/duo prop, 8.1 GXi 375hp, FW cooled, separate throttle and shift lever, Corsa Captains-Call & hyd trim tabs
    2010 Ford HD 6.4 Power Stroke Diesel
    Hi Walt-
    I assume you had a snap-down carpet...Did you have the snaps installed by them or did you install them? Or did you use another way of fastening the carpet down?

3. Walt P

Walt P Administrator Founding Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Prarie Creek Marina
    2001 Cobalt 262
    Volvo 8.1L Gi 375 HP
    Dave, you order the snaps separately. That way, they are placed exactly where you need them. Hope that helps.